November 8, 2006Permanent disclaimer: I'm severely behind my messages lately and I will probably always be! Yet I do love this part of dA more than anything. So if I don't always comment, I will often fave or full view whenever possible! My comments aren't always long, creative, original or thoughtful. I hope you'll take them as they are meant - heartfelt - nonetheless!!! Thanks for your patience! LZ
**************************************************EDIT: I'M SO GLAD YOU VOTED DEMOCRAT TODAY!!! , from your neighbour and fellow North American, ElZed!!!
Already idiotic conservative rich Canadians are saying that this is going to mean that so-called "free-trade" will be reduced between our two countries but this is absolute BS. [Don't pay any attention to that -you probably won't hear it down there though 84% of our exports go to you and we GIVE you a ton of our water without which you probably couldn't survive.] Things were not going smoothly in that area for Canada anyway, it's really not trade, it's a one way flow, despite our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper's ass-kissing.
We'll have to figure out a way to make sure that ya'll get what you need without stripping Canada and the rest of the world bare - no offence - !!! Anyway, keep up the good work! You can't rest on your laurels yet! You'll need to keep the pressure on your representatives in order to get the things done that you want done or they'll continue on the path of least resistance, one of which could be allowing the wars in the Middle-East to continue and you know how badly we want that all stopped. It's affecting all of us, making us all poor, not only you folks!
Thanks again United States North Americans - you really came through for the rest of us this time!!!
Love to all! ssss ssss
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO VOTE TODAY
Some of you may also have seen this on SeverinaSnape's page today! I did. Received it just beforehand on my listserve!
Calling all Americans: Please Please find your voting place no matter where you live. You may be eligible to vote even if you don't live in the US. It may not be too late to go in and vote! Try. Take your passport with you! It's hard to imagine that you could be refused!
I'm not sure that I agree with Michael's take on the matter and he's saying that the whole race comes down to strictly a matter of Dems vs Reps [as I call them]. No matter whether your local rep is for or against the wars, he's saying that if you are against the wars, and I really hope that you are FOR resolution rather than continued violence, life instead of death for example, then vote DEMOCRAT.
I know from talking to people from the States (I hesitate to use the term Americans cuz there are a lot of others in these 3 great continents) that there is trouble over the dual-party issue amongst many other issues. For now, I'd like to suggest, though I'm not an American, (and Americans are often free with their suggestions about what Canadians should do -
not that we don't all need that from time to time!
!!!) is that for this election, give Mike a chance and try his suggestion, cuz I don't see any other strategy working at this late date.
FUCKING GET RID OF GEORGE BUSH OR YOU WILL LIVE TO RUE TO DAY!!!
If you do, there's a good hope that we'll be rid of Stephen Harper, George's bumbud, and there will be some peace in the Middle-East. Not right away, that's for sure, but there will be a chance.
Maybe some of you forgot John and Yoko. I have to admit, I thought a lot of the things they did to get attention were pretty corny too but for god's sake, they were running out of ideas and the assholes just wouldn't get out of Vietnam. Has anyone read about that lately!!?!?
Sickening and LONG!!! I just read a novel about it that really put the whole thing into perspective for me - it was well researched and included an incredible amount of historical detail. Wish I could remember the title and stuff right now and if anyone is interested I will look it up - famous modern American spy novelist, really fat books... back to John and Yoko... GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.
War doesn't work.
I could cry and I have to start getting ready for work in about 10 minutes...dang. It's really bothering me a lot lately and I hope that all the Americans and those who have influence with Americans who read this will think about it and vote for peace. If the Dems get in, at least there's a chance that they can be pushed and Bush will be gone.
I'm begging you here. It's poppy time in Canada. We are honouring the end of the war to end all wars and that was WWI!!! We call it Remembrance Day now cuz there have been so many more wars since it used to be called Armistice Day.
Thank you so much, El Zed.[link]
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006
5 Good Reasons to Vote Today ... a letter from Michael Moore
1. IT'S A NATIONAL REFERENDUM. Although candidates' names will be on the ballot today, this election is NOT about this candidate or that candidate. Make no mistake about it: This election is nothing less than a National Referendum on George W. Bush and his War. Don't waste your time trying learn about who the schlump is that's running for office. You know they're all pretty much the same, a few are better than others, but... please. They is who they is. THIS election is not about them. It's a simple up or down vote on staying the course.
To vote in favor of the war, vote for the Republican. To vote against the war, vote for the Democrat. As crazy as it sounds, even if the Republican is against the war, or the Democrat is for it, it doesn't matter. All that will matter by midnight tonight is the math on the big tote board. Did America say YES to Bush or NO to Bush? The ONLY way they're going to add it up is by counting the number of votes under the big D and the big R. The only way to take a stand against Bush today is to vote for the Dems on the ballot.
2. IN ORDER TO CATCH THE REPUBLICANS STEALING YOUR VOTE, YOU FIRST HAVE TO VOTE. There are huge and valid concerns about the new electronic voting machines that must be addressed. It is far too easy to use new technology to rig the vote. But if your fear of that leads you to decide that you shouldn't bother voting, well, then, I guess they've succeeded in snuffing out your voice without having to rig the machine. Make them break the law if they want to win. Vote. We'll catch them if they do. I promise.
3. WITH THE DEMOCRATS IN POWER IN THE HOUSE AND/OR SENATE, WE CAN GO AFTER THEM! These spineless Democrats who enabled Bush to start this war and funded it ever since are due for a shellacking from all of us. For nearly 6 years, they've hidden behind the cop-out of, "Hey, we're the minority, we have no power." As of tomorrow, hopefully, they will have no mask to hide behind. And it will be up to us to go after them.
4. I'LL PUT YOU ON MY WEBSITE. That's right. You can appear on my home page and be seen by millions later today. All you need to do is bring a broom when you go to vote. The broom is our mascot today because we're going to sweep the crooks and the warmongers outta office. Take a picture of yourself holding a broom outside your polling place, e-mail it to me, and I'll put as many of you as I can up on the home page of my website. People all around the world will see you! Government files with your name on them will be initiated! What better way to celebrate this historic day?!
And the final reason to vote today...
5. 2,836 + 655,000. Each one of them, American and Iraqi, are no longer with us because of the decision by one man to start a war. Each one of them represented a precious, God-given life that no man had the right to take away. Each one of them had a mother and father, sisters, brothers, husbands, wives, friends and loved ones, little boys and little girls. It's mad, my friends, utterly mad, this senseless loss of human life.
So, do it for them. Call up whoever you know and tell them to meet you at the polls. And tell them to bring a broom, real or imaginary, with a big D on it. It's the only true American thing to do.
See ya at the victory party tonight!
P.S. Forward this to all your friends. Today is the day.
Please take the time to view my friend's galleries! I'm always finding new and fantastic artists at dA! Check out my favourites gallery for my picks of their work!
The Faery Godmother Project [link] :thumb34193518: